Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 153 (the “District”) was created on September 23, 1977, by the Texas Water Commission, predecessor to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (“TCEQ”), and operates as a municipal utility district pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 49 and 54 of the Texas Water Code, as amended. The District is subject to the continuing supervision of the TCEQ.
The District, a political subdivision of the State of Texas, is located approximately 20 miles northeast of the central business district of Houston and lies approximately 7 miles east of the intersection of Farm-to-Market 1960 (“FM 1960”) and U.S. Highway 59 (“U.S. 59”). The District lies entirely within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Houston and consists of approximately 1,129 acres.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows:
- Sam Claytor, President, Term Expires: May 2024
- Rick Soliz, Vice-President, Term Expires: May 2026
- Ed Cocetti, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- Ed Wilcox, Assistant Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- Allen Roe, Assistant Secretary, Term Expires: May 2026
District Contact Information
- Name of Political Subdivision: Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 153
- Mailing Address: 1301 McKinney St., Suite 5100, Houston, TX 77010
- Phone: (713) 651-8353
- Email Address: Madeline.Lopez@NortonRoseFulbright.com